Friday, January 27, 2012

Guest Post: Melanie--my sister in law :)

I am so excited to be swapping blogs with Melanie today!! You can go here to read my post. She is not only my friend, but sister in law! How fun right? And she just found out she is pregnant so I get another little niece or nephew and cousin for Emrie!  She has some great advice, so be sure to read and go say hi to her! :)



Hi there! My name is Melanie and I am so thankful to be swapping blogs with my sister in law Ashley today.
I started blogging to update family about my kids and husband. Soon I realized that I could use my blog to bless and encourage other men and women. God laid it on my heart to share my story and how God has redeemed me. I had two children before I married my husband. It was not ideal and not what I planned. Even though I made mistakes and turned away from God. God continued to pursue me and show me how much He loved me.
Currently our family is going through a challenging season due to my husband losing his job this past June. God is carrying us through this difficult time and blessing us during this storm. He is so good.
We also just found out that God is blessing us with another child due in August. We continue to trust Him that He will provide a job for my husband and take care of our family.
I wanted to share with you about what has been on my heart lately. The other day, I was reading one of my favorite blogs. I was about to leave a comment when I saw a nasty comment someone had wrote. For some reason it just broke my heart. It made me so sad that someone would want to leave a mean comment to hurt the person that wrote such a beautiful post about her family. I couldn’t stop thinking about it that night. There is no way I can control what people comment but I can control what I comment on blogs. My desire is to encourage people at my blog but I also want to encourage other bloggers with my comments. I have made a goal for myself to leave 5 positive and encouraging comments on different blogs each day.
Would you join me?
Lets encourage one another in our life journey.
Lets build one another up, rather than tear each other down.
Lets pray for one another and support each other.
That is my goal.
Let me know if you want to make that your goal as well.
Love, 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, Ashley! Popping over from your sister-in-law's blog and happy to be your newest follower. I'll be sure to come back and play soon!

Happy seeing beautiful!

Cherry Blossoms said...

Such a good reminder for all. I feel the same as to why do people need to be so mean. God is good even though sometimes I feel he goes on vacation but when he comes thru he comes thru better than anyone can believe. I will pray that your husband finds a job and that your family will be taken care of.